Thursday, October 1, 2009

33 (and a half) Week Appointment

Yesterday I had my bi-weekly doctor's appointment. Eric met me there which was nice since he's missed the last few appointments. The midwife measured my tummy (uterus) and I'm at 32 cm. A little small, but nothing to be concerned about. She also guessed the little guy's weight to be about 4 lbs and had Eric and I feel certain body parts. I don't know how they do it, but she showed us that the head was down and had us feel that along with his back/butt. Eric thought that was cool. :)

I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions A LOT, as in 10-15 times per hour. I've also started feeling pressure, so my midwife thought it would be best to check me. Good news is that there is no progression. Bad news is that I have to be uncomfortable through the next 6 weeks. Pretty sure the good news outweighs the bad, though!

Still no progress on the name choosing. I change my mind every other day. Eric no longer takes me seriously when I bring up a new name. I think I lost him about 3 months ago. Hopefully he's got a name before we leave the hospital!!

3 comments:

adam and andrea said...

you're almost there!! I had braxton hicks contractions like crazy too, it was really scary! I remember them telling me that "I'd know" when it was the real deal...and let me tell you, they were right! : )

The Boeckmann's said...

So true...you will definately know when it is the real deal. Before you know it he will be here!! I know I would be excited for you even if I hadn't just had a baby, but since I have I am even MORE excited for you! I know just how awesome it is! I will pray that the next 6 weeks goes fast!

Unknown said...

Don't worry about the name. I have friends that didn't pick out the name until 10 min. before they made them sign the birth certificate before leaving the hospital. They settled on Calvin Storm Wondel.