Sunday, October 4, 2009

8 months (and other random happenings)



Today is officially 34 weeks...woohoo! I'm celebrating by "nesting." The baby room is all set up so today I'm washing and organizing all the clothes. The cat loves the baby room and I have caught her on numerous occasions sleeping in the crib or on the changing pad. I need to remember to keep the door shut!

Eric and I had a super productive and super relaxing weekend in Eau Claire. Weird, huh?! Those two things don't go together. The weather was crappy so we didn't mind running all the important errands that needed to get done.

My parents took us to a Menonite cabinet maker in Thorp where they had their cabinets made 20 years ago. It was fun to pick out the hardware, countertops, and cabinets. Even if we can't afford to go with this place, we've now got a good idea of how we want our kitchen/bathrooms to function :) We then visited my old pal LeAnn at Sear's where her expertise helped us pick out the appliances we will need for the new house. I must be getting old, because this was FUN! Maybe it's just visualizing this new house all put together.

We got the news of a Badger win which thrilled me and disappointed the other three (crazy Gopher fans...how did I become the only normal one?!) This baby will definitely take after his mother.

After a good nap my mom and I had a good time picking out shower gifts for Adam and Kellyn's December 5th shower and clothes for Eric and my maternity photos. I am SO excited for these. I found a photographer out of Eleva and we're going to have a mini-session on Thursday night.

Other than that lots of cards were played, church was attended, and Ron made us a delicious breakfast. Oh yeah, and Eric and I went to Punkerdoops and set up a registry. For those of you blog-reading mothers, we are doing cloth diapers. Are we crazy?! Sarah uses them, and Adam and Kellyn are going with them as well. Thanks Denyse for instilling us all with a little of your hippie self ;) They have evolved quite a bit. Check them out at Amber's website:

3 comments:

adam and andrea said...

you look amazing!! I do think you're crazy for doing cloth diapers! : ) We used them in the hospital, it's really pretty easy to get used to them! I just couldn't get used to the idea of cleaning them out.

Tabitha said...

Anna, you look so good. Yay for cloth diapering:)

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute!!! I love all of the pictures. :)