Fourth of July weekend is the only weekend in July we'd be in the Winona area, so we enjoyed it on the river with some of Eric's friends. It's hard being the pregnant one around a bunch of drinkers, but it was still fun to see everyone and be on the water :) That Sunday was Eric's mom's birthday. We drove them out to see the land and then spent the day hanging out at their place doing a little relaxing.
This past weekend we made the 4-hour trip to McHenry, Illinois to visit Lindsay and Kevin in their new place. They are proud homeowners of a beautiful townhouse. It was great to see not only them, but Lindsay and Kevin's parents. There were lots of dogs, food, and drink. Again, being pregnant was a bit of a bummer, but Kevin's friends AJ and Holly are expecting in a month, so I enjoyed talking to an almost mom-to-be!
Our weeks have been filled with softball, volleyball, and LOTS of house planning. We have a guy drafting up a house plan for us, and Eric has been taking care of all the zoning and testing that needs to take place. He's done an incredible job keeping up with it all. I figure my help will come in when we're picking out materials and doing the shopping. I'm no expert, but I definitely enjoy it more than he does! My mom and Laura came last Tuesday because we all had the day off. We did some biking in Trempealeau, watched Eric win his softball game, and went to the Shakespeare play "Love's Labour's Lost." It was a comedy, and very well acted. I did however have trouble keeping up with the Shakespeare jargon. The experience was well worth it though.
In other exciting news...I think we've found our daycare! I was told this would be a stressful part of having a baby being in the area we live. We're in such a tiny community that there aren't many options. I google'd "daycare Galesville WI" and the first result was a wonderful place right in town. We both went and checked it out. I'm confident it will suit our needs. It is close to my work for me when I'd be dropping him off, and on Eric's way home when the little guy needs to be picked up. Perfect!!
It may be a while before I update again. We're off to a wedding in Luck, WI this weekend, and then I'll be taking a class and house-sitting all next week. After that comes.....VACATION! We're going to Kabetogama with the extended family for a week. Fishing, food, and family. Life is good!!
2 comments:
hofta we both are so very busy I guess! why cant we be little again and have no worries or stress in our lives hu?....because we wouldnt be living the life we live now and lovin it huh?! LOL..glad to see everything is going good, I see just ALITTLE baby bump going on there hun, so cute! Maries got a pretty good one going on actually, looking forward to keeping up with her and knowing where you are standing as well, not far behind!!! love ya and miss ya, once I go on days I will contact you and I cam set up a time to come stay!!!
Love you!
Hey,
I wanna see belly pictures... ;)
I need your email address you use to do your blog, I am securing my blog to my friends on my list..
thanks!
Post a Comment