I've never been one to "love" or "hate" this holiday, and today is no different. I was up at 6am in order to get ready and meet a group of 8th graders in Galesville at 7:30. The past month and a half I have been coaching a group of math-geeks (affectionately called) for a club called MATHCOUNTS. The top four students were chosen to compete in La Crosse at our chapter competition.
My coaching sessions were laid back and fun and always included donuts or treats. I was impressed with the turnout each practice. The team who competed today did an amazing job and actually took 3rd overall. One of our girls took 3rd place individually and will be going to state! I had no idea what to expect, and the kids did a great job and were so fun to spend the day with. I took them out for pizza afterward and we headed back to G-E-T. I told them I was proud that we were bringing home some hardware and they thought that was pretty funny. I guess none of them had heard that term before. :)
Now I sit here waiting for my hubby to get home. I'm thinking a nap sounds perfect right about now.
Whether you're spending it alone or with the one you love, I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!! :)
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment