Sunday, February 15, 2009

Always Amazed

Last night I left with a positive "I'm going to take a nap and wait for Eric to get home." So that's just what I did. I waited...and waited...and by the time he came home at 7 I was expecting him to have planned dinner, picked me up a last minute gift, or done something else sweet for Valentine's Day. Nope! I told him Friday night to not get me anything. Since men are so literal - he didn't! I couldn't hold my disappointment in and pouted. It sounds selfish and rude to do, but I couldn't help it.

He did, however, rent a movie for us to watch. It started out horribly. We both commented how the acting was a joke, and the plot seemed pretty thin. It's a known fact that Eric has a hard time picking out "good" movies, and this seemed to be another foiled attempt. We were about to turn it off, but decided to see if it got any better. It did. The movie was called "Fireproof," and was all about a couple on the brink of divorce. Eric and I have never gotten that bad, but we have had our share of disagreements (including the beginning of our night). As we watched, we realized that God placed that horribly acted movie in Eric's hands and we were meant to watch it. I bawled! It was surprisingly good, and I suggest any of you couple's out there see it. It has a strong religious theme, but there are common marriage principle's that everyone can and should live by. Needless to say, our Valentine's Day ended on a positive note!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well im glad all ended perfect Anna. your so funny!
I was thinking about you yesterday and was going to send you a "Love" text, saying I missed you lots, but Ill just do it now...
I love ya and miss my best friend
:(

Have a good night hun!!

adam and andrea said...

We'll have to check that movie out! I think Adam went to the same romantic school as Eric! : ) (meaning...they didn't go) But lucky for us they have other redeeming qualities!

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Im supposed to give Eric crap for having a bulldozer in the yard, chris drove past yesterday and was wondering where he got it or if you guys rented it- you should have bought one from him ;) JK
tell eric chris is mad at him!!!!