Tuesday, November 25, 2008

How Rude!

(said in the voice of Stephanie Tanner)

I just got home from working the clock at two 8th grade basketball games. It was my first time doing this, so we warned the opposing coaches to be easy on me. All went well during the "B" game.

The "A" game started, and I could already tell it wasn't going to be pretty. We were playing LaCrosse Aquinas (which is apparently the equivalent of Regis - they're a private school and everyone thinks they recruit). Their coaches were unreal. They were about my age, and MANIACS! They were up off the bench yelling at the refs about each and every call and non-call. I couldn't take their rudeness and unsportsmanlike attitude any more. I said "Coach - please." His response? "You can NOT talk to me." What?! How dare I, a lowly clock worker, talk to him!?

It really got my blood boiling. Not only are his actions seen by his players and parents, but he coaches at a CATHOLIC school. I even heard him mutter "Jesus Christ" under his breath a few times.


So much for morals and values...

No comments: