Monday, December 31, 2012

traveling woes

To Texas:

1) I lost my wallet somewhere between the McDonald's drive thru in Osseo and Terminal 2 at the Minneapolis airport.  No ID or any form of identification made security extra interesting.  Luckily Eric had an insurance card in his wallet with my name on it.  I had to get a full pat-down screening.
2) Lost and found was closing for the long weekend.
3) I tried to save money by not checking any bags.  This turned into Eric and I pulling 3 carry-ons, pushing a stroller, wearing a backpack and diaper bag, and carrying a toddler.  Yuck.
4) Reilly didn't nap at all during the day, but with a 6:45 PM flight I figured he'd sleep on the plane.  Nope.  Not until our 10:45 PM connecting flight did he finally crash.
5) Reid pooped (twice) on our flight from Minneapolis to Dallas.

From Texas:

1) We barely found a parking spot in the San Antonio lot.  We were literally the last spot in the last level of the entire lot.
2) When I went to check in with our AA agent on Christmas Day, she informed me that our flight was canceled.  I replied with a, "You're joking, right?"  Nope.  Snow in Dallas caused our flight to be canceled.  We were re-routed on a 6:45 flight instead of our original 4:05 flight.  We could've hung out at Laura's apartment for those extra two hours, but because of #1 we decided to stay at the airport.
3) Flight #2 was delayed until 7:30.
4) Once we got onto our connecting flight in Chicago, we sat on-board for about 45 minutes waiting to get de-iced.  Not fun with an extra tired baby.  The boys did great, but it's still stressful trying to keep them quiet/sleeping in such tight quarters.
Luckily for us our time in Texas between the flights was wonderful.  Sarah supplied the boys with stockings, talented homemade gifts, and plenty of treats.  We spent lots of time outdoors playing on the swing set.  The girls got manicures.  The boys went fishing.  We ate lots of delicious food and overall spent a quality 3 1/2 days together.  I miss it already.


And now for a plethora of trip pictures...

 First day - lots of swinging
The boys had lots of fun with Aunt Woahah
I thought it was so weird to have Christmas lights on and be in only long sleeves. (Note the naked piggies in the background)
 The guys had good luck fishing, and we girls got to reap the benefits.  TJ made us some yummy crappies. :)
 Again, so much fun with Laura.
Matching jammies from Grandpa and Grandma.
 Proof that Eric made the trip to Texas!
 My boys Christmas Eve morning.
 More swingin'!
 Uncle Mitts (Mitch) with the kiddos and water balloons.  Again, this is Christmas Eve!?!
 Snuggle time.
 Hi Nate!
The boys were shooting guns.  Some of the spectators.
Mr. Shotgun Fingers :)
 Sad to say goodbye. :(
 Spending some time at Laura's apartment.

No comments: