Some people read when they want to relax. My husband heads to the woods. Others enjoy cooking or baking, exercising, or having a cocktail or two. Lately I've found major relaxation in creating things. The beginning of the school year has been busy and volleyball has been a bit stressful (even at the middle school level!), so I'm glad I have found a little time to squeeze in some artsy projects.
I found the first idea at Play at Home Mom . If you haven't checked out this website other mamas - I highly recommend it. It's given me tons of ideas to try with Reilly. He loves to "color color color" and begs for the markers and his coloring book. I've ordered a supply of arts & crafts to have on hand so we can create together :)
To make: slap some mod podge (or brush on with a sponge ;)) to an empty canning jar, attach strips of orange tissue paper, cut out design from black construction paper and mod podge on, insert tea light (or battery operated tea light in my case). Voila! So easy and I love that it's so customizable.
I think the credit for this next project goes to Ashley . I'm pretty sure she posted about this a long time back and I finally got around to it. Wrapping the yarn around the wreath form is mind-numbingly boring, but can be done catching up to the latest episodes of Project Runway. ;) All together it was probably a $12 project.
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment