Monday, May 16, 2011

Hodge Podge

So much has been going on these past few weeks I'm going to write one super long post and jam pack it full of pictures rather than waste precious time writing separate ones.

Stop #1

Eric has been hard at work on our yard.  You have to see it in person to realize what a mess we've got.  He borrowed a bobcat and trailer from work and went to town smoothing out the rough spots and then seeded it.  I'm crossing my fingers we have grass in the backyard!  He also created a crushed-rock patio out back so we have a place to gather and eat outside. :)

Stop #2

I'm an Aunt to another baby boy!  Hudson Robert was born via c-section last Thursday.  Sarah and T.J. are the proud parents.  He weighed the same as his big brother at birth (6# 11 oz.) and it sounds like everyone is doing very well.  My mom is currently down there until the 25th.  I'm sure she's in heaven with another grandchild!

Stop #3

This one is not so happy...  Our family dog, Cadi, had to be put to sleep last Thursday.  She was 14 years old.  We loved her, and Reilly could even say her name!  My dad buried her under an apple tree on our land.  I bawled like a baby when he described laying her in the ground, giving her some dog treats, and then having a long talk with her.  I've decided that Lucy is not allowed to get old. 

Stop #5

On a happier note - Laura graduated college!!  It was so nice to spend the weekend with family at my Grandparents' house.  We even managed to squeeze in a night out to celebrate.  G & G babysat Reilly so I could attend the ceremony child-free and he didn't even notice I was gone!  I'm so happy he had fun (and I think they did, too ;))  Laura was accepted to optometry schools in both Boston and San Antonio, but chose the latter for many reasons.  I'll miss her these next four years.

Stop #6

I have a mini flower/plant garden this year!  Both mine and Eric's parents have split plants from their yards and shared with us.  I planted them all in the same area in front of our front porch.  That way I only have one place to weed.  I'm also looking forward to getting some plants this weekend for my pots.  I bought some cheap terra-cotta-looking planters I'm excited to spruce up.

Stop #7

Reilly.  You may be wondering "why pink?"  Well...we were garage sale-ing in Woodbury last Friday and I was hoping to find him a bike to ride outside.  He loves his John Deere tractor, but it doesn't handle our driveway very well.  At our first stop they were selling a brand new, in box, Fisher Price bike for $10.  Before I could say "I'll take it," my child had climbed on this beauty.  He has no clue who Dora is or that his dad thinks he's a Sally for riding it, but he loooooves that it makes noise.  Who was I to say no?!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yard looks awesome women! everythings coming together, now I need to find my time to do some stuff ugh! MISS YOU LOTS!

adam and andrea said...

I laughed out loud at your comment about Reilly not knowing his dad thinks he's a sally for riding it...priceless. We had a similar moment in our house this morning when Brady "dressed himself" with one of my shirts and Adam said "oh great, B's wearing a dress again." Crazy boys.