Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Knock on Wood

I finally have time to update. Why you may ask? Because my wonderful son is finally napping in the crib! I can hardly believe it. I must also add that this is his second nap of the day. I think I'm in heaven. It's almost as if he just needed to turn 8 weeks old to feel comfortable napping alone. Up until this time he has only slept on me or next to me. Co-sleeping is wonderful, but doesn't allow me to get much done. His first nap was 2 1/2 hours and he's almost been asleep one hour this time around. I hardly knew what to do with all that non-baby-attached time. The hard thing is that the only way he'll sleep is on his tummy. (SIDS - I know) I check on him every 5-10 minutes to make sure his little blankie is moving up and down or touch him to make him move. I think he's annoyed with me!

So about that update...I'll keep that short and full of pictures. :)

Christmas 2009. We were with Eric's family for Christmas Eve and Christm
as Day. His Grandma Mundt has not been in the best health, so it was nice to have the family time at her house Christmas Day.



Since my family did Christmas when Sarah was home, we just spent time together. A little last minute white elephant was fun. My mom made a "dick in a box" and Eric was the lucky recipient. It's a pretty funny SNL clip. If you've never seen it or would like to again, click here. Denyse thinks it's quite hilarious.


On Sunday we had Reilly baptized at Trinity. Eric's parents and sister came down. It was a great service with some favorite Christmas tunes. We're thankful that Amy and Adam agreed to be his sponsors. Funny side note - for whatever reason my pastor thought Eric's name was Kevin. I corrected him in an e-mail, but it was too late and Kevin and Anna Ledebuhr were the parents listed in the bulletin. Oops!

I would like to send a sincere "thank-you" to Heidi! She came over on Monday and spent a couple hours taking pictures of Reilly. She didn't even get mad when he peed on her new baby positioner! Besides that potty break he peed two other times and pooped in his favorite blanket. He's not used to being naked I guess...



FYI I'm finishing this post with Reilly on my chest. Someone was hungry!

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

That picture of his foot is adorable. Carter would only sleep on either Max or me for the first 5 weeks of his life. Nap time is such a blessing when they start sleeping in the crib.

Anonymous said...

OMG, I can picture Eric opening up the elephant gift, LOL!! the pictures are looking good anner, should be done with them before February.
I cant wait to see the new house, I will make sure we look at our calendar to come down, that will be the excuse to bring photos down ;)

Love ya!