Altoona girls had an amazing season. I didn't make it to all that many games, but I've known the girls on the team for years because Laura played with them, and I helped them when they were little at camps and such. They were a fun bunch to watch!!
Last Saturday I went to their game in Menomonie and they played the best I'd ever seen, beating Neillsville by 23 points. On to state! Then they get there and couldn't quite pull through. It was like my senior year all over again...only they actually made it to state. To come 2 points away from the championship though, still must be tough. The team that beat them ended up winning state - so I can only think that it could have been Altoona to win it all. All in all, they were the first girls team to ever make it to state, and they will always be remembered for that.
On a happier note, I am SO excited to be leaving for Texas this Wednesday. I keep checking the weather to see what it will be like when we're down there. A lot could change in the few days before we're there, but it looks like mid to high 70's! I can't wait!
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment