Tuesday, November 13, 2012

3 years, 5 months, and Hunting Season

The latter of my title is the reason for my blogging absence.  With Eric gone all weekend, it makes it hard to keep up with the day to day household let alone my blog!

It's going to be short and sweet.

Halloween was fun.  Reilly was "Tom" from his favorite show Tom & Jerry and Reid was a $10 clearance "Barrel 'O Monkeys."  They were cute.  We trick-or-treated in Ettrick.  Only in a small town could you get homemade cookies and an offer of chili for your treat.  Let it be known that I did know this family - not some random weirdo offering us supper. :)

Reilly turned three.  I'm already finding it more challenging than two.  Sometimes I wonder why God is challenging me with such a difficult little human being.  I have to work on savoring the sweet moments because there are more than I give him credit for.  He really is sweet and loving, but the noisy, non-potty-trained boy seems to rule my mind.

Reid is 5 (and a half) months old already.  He's a good-natured soul who smiles with his whole tiny, adorable face.  He loves his big brother.  Loves bath time.  Scoots, rolls, crawls (sort of) all over the place.  We've only just started cereal and he seems to like it.  No teeth yet. 

And on to my nemesis - deer hunting.  Eric has had zero luck in the woods.  He could have shot a doe or decent buck by now but seems to be waiting for the "turdy pointer."  When I complain about his lack of time at home he replies, "I can't help it - I'm addicted!"  Well honey, I'm addicted too.  To shopping.  Say goodbye to your bank account!!  (If only that could be true......)  Two more weeks and he's back...

I said short and sweet, didn't I?  Ahh well...I guess I had more on my mind than I thought.

Pictures below are from our recent family session.  Enjoy :)





 These two pictures melt my heart.  The only time he sat still the entire session.  He loooves him a kitty!

2 comments:

adam and andrea said...

love your family pictures!!

3 year olds are not sane people...with a lot of love, luck and grace they'll hopefully grow into contributing members of society! : )

Catie Williams said...

Hang in there! Soon he'll be off to college & you'll be laughing about all of the grief he gave you.