We've been gone a lot on the weekends. A lot. During the week I lack energy or will power to do much cleaning which leaves us with an untidy home. I'm definitely not a clean freak, but I am most certainly a neat freak (ask some of my co-workers). Something had to be done. This morning I decided to get to work on this neglected place we call home. As I was cleaning the spare bathroom, Reilly rushes in, "Help! Help mommy!" Figuring he broke his Lego train or the dog wasn't giving him the time of day, I wasn't in much of a hurry to help until the bathroom was done.
He persisted so I finally followed him. On the way to our destination I saw a box of Kleenex on the floor. I didn't use any, and this kid certainly doesn't (your sleeve works just fine, right?). We made it to Eric's and my room when I saw what the fuss was about. The cat had puked on the carpet - go figure. The difference from the other hundred times she's done this? Reilly was attempting to clean it up with a Kleenex he'd swiped from the kitchen. He was not satisfied with his results and was calling mommy in to finish the job. Armed with some pet stain remover and paper towels, I proceeded to clean up the mess with my toddler on his tummy watching with approval.
It's amazing how fast these little humans pick up habits of ours. This is one I'm more than willing to share ;)
Other cute toddler updates:
*He likes to count, but only like this: 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9
*Names the color of everything, but 97% of the time it's yellow, followed by blue, pink, and orange with 1% each.
*When emptying the dishwasher takes a spoon out and over to "feed" his baby doll.
*Likes to lay on his tummy and snuggle "kittycat"
*Loves to run around the house with a dog treat while Lucy chases him. Last night he was eating said treat telling me it was "yummy" and "I yike it".
Saturday, February 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment