Saturday, December 10, 2011

fun we've been having

The day after Thanksgiving we picked out our Christmas tree.  It was much warmer than last year.  Our tree is currently a little sad-looking because the entire bottom string of lights won't work.  Back to the store!

We spent a fun weekend in the Cities with Adam & Co.  We went through Christmasland at Macy's and the kids met Santa.  It wasn't as disastrous as I envisioned.  We had a fun night at my Grandparents' house.  It snowed that night and they have the perfect backyard for snow fun.  Unfortunately we weren't prepared with snow gear so we couldn't stay out as long as we would have liked.  On Sunday we had a fun day at MOA getting some shopping done and going on the rides.  We even snuck in a nice lunch at Ruby Tuesday's.  The kids were so well-behaved! :)
13-week picture (even though I'm 15 tomorrow).  I usually look like a scrub on Sundays and avoid the camera!
Reilly has been enjoying a tradition I had as a kid.  Each morning the one-eyed derelict cute little reindeer brings him a treat (Hershey's Kiss).  He loves this!  He also likes opening each day on our Advent calendar, but gets mad that he can only open one a day.
Other than that, we've just been lounging.  Maybe not as comfortably as Reilly, but we've enjoyed quiet nights at home.  Nothing better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is amazing, Anna! I'm so happy for you all. Congratulations! You have a gorgeous family and I love the photos. :)

The reindeer idea is amazing and I might suggest something similar for my nieces and nephews. I love it.
-Meg M.

Anonymous said...

I thought of doing the advent thing this year but figured I better wait to be able to explain it next year, as well as the elf guy thing too :)
Love your photos, miss you soo much!