Thursday, April 22, 2010

4.22.10

What have I been up to lately? What haven't I been up to lately is the real question. I've been home (as in Altoona) almost every weekend for one reason or another. My lovely little sister turned 21 on April 9th and we celebrated both Friday and Saturday nights in Eau Claire. A couple of her roommates came along and we all had a great time (Laura especially!) Not only am I getting old, but a night of drinking does not equal a fun morning with a baby. I guess you've gotta learn somehow!
I just got back from a 3 1/2 day conference in Brainerd, MN. My mom came along and watched Reilly while I was at my sessions. I learned a lot and would try to explain the purpose of my training, but I can't seem to get the point across to someone face-to-face let alone through the computer. Let's just say I got a little kick-in-the-pants and am energized to end the year and begin the next. Gma and Gpa Pennington also joined the fun. Unfortunately I was busy from the time I woke up until I went to bed, but I hear they had a lot of fun going for walks, playing cards, and enjoying a drink or two. Thanks for coming along - Reilly misses you!

On our way home my mom and I stopped by my aunt and uncle's house for dinner. Mary Jo is quite the cook and we enjoyed yummy salmon, pasta salad, and fresh broccoli. I haven't been to their house in over 10 years and it is beautiful! It gives me some inspiration to finish our basement someday.

Let's hope for my sanity I get through tomorrow and have the weekend to recharge my batteries. This blog update has been a break from crazy!


1 comment:

adam and andrea said...

the pic of Reilly and your mom is so darn cute!