Tuesday night I went to the high school to watch our freshman/JV/varsity play Arcadia in volleyball. I picked the Arcadia night because that was my first job, and I knew a few of my students from the Catholic School would be playing against my students from last year. My 8th graders last year are so sweet, and love seeing me pregnant (I was about 3 1/2 months along at the end of the school year). The girls from Arcadia were all smiles and super sweet, too. Amelia came up and gave me a big hug, and I got to watch Jenna start varsity...as a sophomore! I'm like a proud parent when I see the kids from years past. It's only going to get better the more years I teach and more kids I know...
FYI - I still have days where I wish I could go home and make myself a stiff drink or bang my head against a brick wall. Thankfully those days are few and far between :)
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment