I have been preparing for a couple weeks for "Pi Day." It's a special math day celebrated on March 14th (3.14), but as a class we celebrated on Thursday. There was pie-eating, pie-tasting, pi-memorizing, food drive, and pi-caroling. The kids had a great time and because they met our goal of 314 food items, one student got to hit me in the face with a whipped cream pie. The hard work paid off and the students seemed to really enjoy the day.
This Friday I trekked to Minneapolis for a day conference, and then went to a fancy dinner with Erin and Laura. It was at a fondue restaurant called The Melting Pot. Delicious food and great conversation. It was an early birthday present for Laura since I will be in Texas over her actual birthday. Laura and I then drove to Burnsville and spent the night at our grandparents house. Saturday morning we had a delicious breakfast and played some cards. Grandma I know you'll read this and agree that Laura and Grandpa must have cheated ;) We'll get them next time!
Laura, Erin, and I spent the afternoon in Uptown shopping. Eric was in the Cities for a Buck Classic, so he met us there for supper. We dropped Laura off at her apartment and ventured back to Eau Claire. There we met up with many people and hung out at Rolly's and the Pioneer. It was great to see Lindsay and Kevin, Heidi, "the guys," and some various others.
Sunday was lounge day at my parent's and we hung out with Will, Adam, Kellyn, my parents, and the dogs. We took a long walk around the neighborhood. The weather was absolutely gorgeous!
Now we're home. I say this every Sunday, but where did the weekend go?
On another note, I started coaching track last Monday, and we already have our first indoor meet next Saturday. I'm really looking forward to it! We have a great group of guys and girls and I'm hoping for a fun and successful season.
1 comment:
The pie in the face picture really made me laugh! Very cute!
Post a Comment