Sunday, January 4, 2009

Starting the New Year off Right!

It has been another very eventful week, and I am sad to say I will be back in school tomorrow! Don't get me wrong - this break has been wonderful, but I'm dreading getting back into my routine. I'm so spoiled to be in the profession I am! We had a quiet, yet entertaining New Year's. My parents spent the day with us, and Eric's parents and sister came later. We all ate dinner together and played the Wii along with some cards. It felt so good to wake up New Year's day and not have a hangover :) We took our good friends Dusty and Kaylene out to eat that night to celebrate them getting engaged. Looks like we've got LOTS of weddings this summer to look forward to!



On Friday we trekked first to Victoria to visit Eric's good friend Ryan and his wife Sarah. They had a baby only 7 weeks ago, Jayden, and we got to see her. She's got hair just like her dad's! My stomach led the way next to Arby's, then finally ended the night in Minneapolis at Laura's apartment. She was kind enough to let us crash there for a couple nights.


Saturday we visited our wonderful grandparents where we shared the most delicious chicken noodle soup I've ever had, along with some laughs. Grandma I'm sure you're reading this, so thank you again, and we love you both so much!! P.S. Sorry about the picture below - Eric tried twice but you just HAD to blink. ;)



That night we met up with Erin, her boyfriend Mike, Doug, Heidi, Annie, and Kerry at The Local for some drinks and supper. It's a delicious Irish Pub in downtown Minneapolis. Not too pricey for our modest budget. That is...until we went next door to El Barrio. One margarita was $8!! I'm used to the small-town Winona drink prices, and this place cleaned us out. I guess we're not meant to be city folk! We had a great time. Our night ended back at Laura's apartment where I of course headed to bed early while they stayed up and watched movies. Thanks for the hospitality Laura and Jennell!! It was much appreciated :)



So again I sit on a Sunday night...not looking forward to the week ahead. It gets better with each passing day, and I just need to get back in the groove of being a grown-up! Happy New Year to all of you and we wish you health and happiness in 2009.

No comments: